For more information about the Crouch End Chavurah and our activities, or to join our mailing list, please email us
Crouch End Chavurah Privacy Notice
We take your privacy very seriously and we are committed to protecting it. We take appropriate measures to ensure that the information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the specific purposes it has been collected for.
Who we are
Crouch End Chavurah is a registered charity. We are a Jewish Community affiliated with Liberal Judiasm. We collect, use and are responsible for personal information about individuals we come into contact within the course of our activities. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulations which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
We rely on consent as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data. We only collect personal information for the purposes of carrying out our activities.
What information do we collect?
The types of information collected might include names, date of birth, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, mobile number; and, with consent, some other personal data such as, details of family members. This information we gather will only be that which is relevant and required in relation to the specific activity that the information has been collected for.
How do we collect information?
We obtain personal information from individuals in the following ways:
• when individuals correspond with us by email, phone or letter for any reason we may keep a record of that correspondence which will include their name, contact details, place of work or any other information included with in that correspondence.
• when individuals become members of community by completing application forms and paying an annual membership fee
• when individuals who are not members sign up to attend one of our events or services they will be required to provide us with their name and contact details
• when individuals who are not members sign their children up to attend our education classes, they will be asked to provide their names and contact details as well as well as detail about the child being enrolled including their date of birth up to attend one of our events or services they will be required to provide us with their name and contact details
• when individuals apply for a job with us we will have all the personal details they have provided to us when completing an application form.
How do we use this information?
We will use your personal information in the following ways
• to provide you with the information as requested by you either through direct contact or by signing up to our email newsletter. Your IP address is also recorded by our mailing list provider, MailChimp
• To administer our membership and burial scheme
• To administer our education classes for children
• To keep records of anyone who we employ either on a salaried basis or self employed
• For administration purposes such as employment, training and service delivery
• Maintaining our records and producing statistical information about our activities
• To ensure that we comply with all legal requirements related to our activities
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Will we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We will never disclose the information you give to us to outside parties unless required to do so by law.
Members detail will be shared with Liberal Judaism for the purposes of administering our burial and membership scheme
How long your personal data will be kept
• We will hold your email address on our mailing list until you decide to unsubscribe. We will delete your details if you unsubscribe. If you would like to unsubscribe from any email updates you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email or contact as directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
• We will retain personal information about staff according to the legal requirements to do so.
• In the case of unsuccessful applicants for staff roles, we keep your information for no more than 6 month after you have made your application.
• For employed staff and volunteers – information may be kept for up to 6 years after leaving the organisation; this may include financial information relating to the payment of salaries and expenses.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
• email us at email@example.com let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. your name and email address);
• let us know the information to which your request relates
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was updated and published on 10th May 2018. We may change this privacy notice from time to time. You should check this policy occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version.
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org